*Limited stock Available
Leading edge wheel technology(s), World-class customer support, Free delivery, 3-year warranty, and Opportunities to get involved with future product development
Scribe Duty Disc Wheel set
Robust and Aero... Toughened rims.. Holds pace on flats.
Wheels for Purpose
We designed the Scribe Duty to be a super strong, super robust wheel set with Aerodynamic ability. By using 30mm+ depth rims, combined with Sapim CX-Ray spokes, these wheels are Aero, and fast! You'll notice increased speeds as the wheels cut through the air everywhere you go. As the build features hardened alloy rims, combined with Sapim Brass spokes, the Duty-D are strong, durable and are designed to stand the test of time. (130kg weight limit).
The Wide 19mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. With Centre lock disc as standard, you can ride with confidence knowing the stopping power is there when it's needed.
Tech Spec (summary)
|Clincher Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||24mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||19mm|
|Spoke Pattern / Hole Count||Front (2x) 28H, Rear (3x) 32H|
The Product in detail
- Hardened, heat treated rim design - light in weight but super tough
- Asymmetric design for more even spoke tensions
- 28 hole Front | 32 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design for secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Patented Ratchet Drive hub system Exclusive to Scribe
- Single Ratchet disc, and leaf spring offers incredible durability as there's only one moving part
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Centre-lock disc standard (6-bolt adapter available)
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available.
- Available in all major standards - Front: QR, Bolt thru (12, 15 and 9mm); Rear: QR, Bolt thru (142x12, 135x12 and 135x12). At basket stage, just tell us which option you want and we'll fit for you
Bearings are an essential component of wheels and it's important your bearings perform as you want them to. This wheelset comes with sealed, low friction Endurance bearings that are designed to stand the test of time. Ride as much as you want, with confidence your bearings will keep spinning smoothly
- High quality Taiwanese TPI stainless steel bearings (doesn't rust or corrode)
- Sealed cartridge units with 1x contact seal (outer facing seal interfaces with ball bearings to resist water penetration), and 1x non-contact seal (no interface between ball bearings increases rolling speed)
- Precision engineered to produce incredibly high roundness, with low friction surface
- The Scribe Dutys use the Sapim CX-Ray as it's considered to be the most aerodynamic spoke on the market. At 4.25g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheel set that allows you to get up to speed faster.
- The unique drawing, and specifically pressed process produces fast, bladed Aero spoke (2.0mm - 0.9/2.2mm - 2.0mm)
- By using fatigue-resistant 18/8 stainless steel, CX-Ray spokes have exceptionally high durability properties and will stand the test of time.
- J-bend for easy replacement
- 28 hole front / 32 hole rear
- Read more about Sapim spokes - Sapim.de
- For nipples, we use Brass Sapim double square head nipples. As the Duty's are designed to be exceptionally tough, brass nipples have significantly improved fatigue resistance when compared with alloy, and they don't corrode, so you can ride them in wet, salty conditions without having to worry about them failing.
- Tubeless tape: pre-installed
- Tubeless valves
- Spare spokes
- Spare nipples
- 6-bolt adapter (converts centrelock to 6-bolt)
- Lockring for 15mm axles
- Slim-fit lockring for tight clearing forks
- 10-speed spacer
Add Some Rubber
Did you know we fit tyres free of charge! All you have to do is go to our Tyre section, add your tyre of choice to basket, and we'll set up as tubeless ready (fit tyres with tubeless fluid added)
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 130kgs. If a rider is in excess of 120kgs, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic.