Wheels for Purpose
The Scribe Inception Aero Wide 50s are the go-to Aero option for those looking for speed. The deep section rims utilise every millimetre of the U-shaped Aero profiles to cut through the air across a wide range of yaw angles; gliding effortlessly at speed.
Tipping the scales at 1,570g, the Inception 50s are lightweight and in terms of spec, there is nothing that comes close at this price point. Partnered with double-disc Ratchet Drive hubs, these wheels respond FAST.
The Wide 19mm internal profile lets you fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. By using a Super High TG Resin for the Aero 38s, you will be able to brake hard (especially on descents) as the braking track can withstand up to 240 degree Celsius! Partnered with our own braking compound, you'll be able to ride with confidence knowing you can scrub speed as needed.
Tech Spec (summary)
|Depth||50mm Front/50mm Rear|
|Material||Full Unidirectional Carbon|
|Type||Clincher Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||26mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||19mm|
|Spoke Pattern/Hole Count||Front (2-cross) 24H, Rear (2-cross) 24H|
- High filament (12K/18K) Japanese Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional for strength with additional reinforcement at spoke holes. (spoke tested to 280 kgf [single spoke load])
- Scribe Carbon T:Tech used to strengthen rim walls, and rim bed - offering incredible long-term strength, even under high pressure
- High TG (Glass Transition) resin produces a lightweight, low void carbon which increases stiffness and resistance to heat on braking track (great for hard braking on descents)
- Wide 19mm internal profile produces a great tyre profile for improved grip and stability
- 26mm outer rim width provides ample clearance for brake manufacturers
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Tubeless ready design for increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design for secure tyre binding, even at lower pressure
- Ratchet Drive hub system
- Double Ratchet disc and leaf spring offers great durability and performance
- Heat treated stainless steel drive rings
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed Anti-bite freehub body - Campagnolo and XDR also available.
- Endurance bearings: these bearings are fast and designed to stand the test of time, so you can ride as much as you want with confidence.
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Inception Aero Wide 50 wheels have been specced with Pillar SR1424 spokes. These spokes utilise Pillar's patented cold forge tech and offer up to a 30% weight saving without comprimising strength.
- High strength, Sandvik T302 (18/10)
- Pillar Patented head technology offers increased strength at anchor point and reduces fatigue so your wheels stand the test of time.
- 24 hole front/24 hole rear
Quick Release (QR)
- Super-light alloy QR
- Alloy pivoted cam plate for smooth action, but with strong locking bind
- Stainless steel springs for anti-rust (weather) protection
Additional items in the box
- Tubeless tape: pre-installed
- Tubeless valves
- Scribe Brake pads x4
- Spare spokes
- Spare nipples
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 125kg.