Aero Wide+ 50-D HD (1,580g)
Scribe Aero Wide+ 50-D Heavy Duty (HD) Carbon Disc Wheelset
Please note: We are experiencing incredibly high demand for our wheels and we have now SOLD THROUGH this batch. We're expecting more August Week and if you would like to get your hands on a set from the next batch; you can Pre-Order in full now, or you can reserve a set by using RESERVE code at basket stage. To reserve, simply click on the Pre-Order button then to use the code on next page. *A 10% Deposit is required to Reserve wheels and outstanding payment will be collected when wheels have arrived with us. Deposit is refundable.
The Ultimate Disc Wheelset.
Glide at speed with increased Aerodynamics. Respond faster. Corner harder.
The Scribe Aero Wide+ 50-D HDs are a Heavy Duty model aimed at Powerful riders. With an increased spoke count and 2-cross lacing for the front and 3-cross lacing for the rear, these have a higher max loading compared to the standard 50s but still have the same benefits when riding. The deep section rims utilise every millimetre of the U-shaped Aero profiles to cut through the air across a wide range of yaw angles; gliding effortlessly at speed.
Coming in at only 1,580g, the Aero Wide+ 50 HDs are exceptionally lightweight and pound-for-pound, feature amongst the best deep section wheels out there. Partnered with lightning fast Ratchet Drive hubs, these wheels respond FAST, offering unrivalled levels of performance.
The Wide 21mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. With Centre lock disc as standard, you can ride with confidence knowing the stopping power is there when it's needed.
Tech Spec (summary)
|Depth||50mm Front/50mm Rear|
|Material||Full, Unidirectional Carbon|
|Clincher - Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||30mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||21mm|
|Spoke Pattern/Hole Count||Front 2x/24H, Rear 3x/28H|
- Wide+ Toroidal Disc specific design
- High filament (12K/18K) Japanese Toray T700/T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional for strength with additional reinforcement at spoke holes. (spoke tested to 280 kgf [single spoke load])
- Optimised TG (Glass Transition) resin used to produce a super lightweight, responsive, low void carbon for increased performance
- Wide 21mm internal (30mm outer)
- 24 hole Front | 28 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design with Hook offers incredibly secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Patented Ratchet Drive hub system Exclusive to Scribe
- Single Ratchet disc, and leaf spring offers incredible durability as there's only one moving part
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Centre-lock disc standard (6-bolt adapter available)
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed Anti-bite freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available
- Available in all major standards - Front: QR, Bolt thru (12mm and 15mm); Rear: QR, Bolt thru (142x12)
You choose! Bearings are an essential component of wheels and it's important your bearings perform as you want them to. All of our wheels come with a fast Endurance bearing as standard but we also offer a Race bearing for those racing, or riding in drier weather. If you would prefer Race bearings, please tell us in the notes section when purchasing and your wheels will arrive with this standard. *there is no additional charge for bearing swap
- Endurance bearings: these bearings are fast, and designed to stand the test of time so you can ride as much as you want, with confidence your bearings will keep spinning smoothly
- Race bearings: incredibly fast, sealed, non-contact bearings. Spin up effortlessly and allow you to glide at speed. *not recommended for long periods of wet riding
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Aero Wide+ 50-Ds use the Sapim CX-Ray, considered to be the most aerodynamic spoke on the market. At 4.25g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheel set that allows you to get up to speed faster
- The unique drawing and specifically pressed process produces fast, bladed Aero spoke (2.0mm - 0.9/2.2mm - 2.0mm)
- By using fatigue-resistant 18/8 stainless steel, CX-Ray spokes have exceptionally high durability properties and will stand the test of time
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 24 hole front/28 hole rear
- For nipples, we use Brass Sapim double square head
- Front: disc side 2x, non-disc side 2x
- Rear: disc side 3x, drive side 3x
Additional items in the box
- Tubeless tape: pre-installed
- Tubeless valves
- Spare spokes
- Spare nipples
- 6-bolt adapter (converts centrelock to 6-bolt)
- Lockring for 15mm axles
- Slim-fit lockring for tight clearing forks
- 10-speed spacer
Add Some Rubber
Did you know we fit tyres free of charge? All you have to do is go to our Tyre section, add your tyre of choice to basket, and we'll set up as tubeless ready (fit tyres with tubeless fluid added)
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 120kg. If a rider is in excess of 105kg, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic. If you are pushing the boundaries of the weight limit, please contact to discuss options.