Aero Wide+ 42-D (1,471g)
Limited stock Available
Scribe Aero Wide+ 42 Carbon Disc Wheel set
The Ultimate all-round performance disc wheel set - Climb fast... Glide at speed.. Corner with confidence.
Wheels for purpose
The Scribe Aero Wide+ 42s were designed to perform in every imaginable condition. These wheels will climb hard, cruise at speed, and allow you to get up to speed fast when the power goes on.
Weighing only 1,471g, the Aero 42s are exceptionally lightweight and pound-for-pound, feature amongst the best wheels out there. Partnered with lightning fast Scribe Five4 hubs (54-tooth / 6.6 degree engagement), these wheels respond FAST, offering unrivalled levels of performance.
The Wide 21mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. With Centre lock disc as standard, you can ride with confidence knowing the stopping power is there when it's needed.
Tech Spec (summary)
|Depth||42mm Front / 42mm Rear|
|Material||Full, Unidirectional Carbon|
|Clincher - Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||30mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||21mm|
|Spoke Pattern / Hole Count||Front 2:1 / 21H, Rear 2:1 / 24H|
- Disc specific design.
- High filament (12K/18K) Japanese Toray T700 / T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional for strength with additional reinforcement at spoke holes. (spoke tested to 280 kgf [single spoke load])
- Scribe Carbon T:Tech used to strengthen rim walls, and rim bed - offering incredible long-term strength, even under high pressure
- Optimised TG (Glass Transition) resin used to produce a super lightweight, responsive, low void carbon for increased performance
- Wide 21mm internal (30mm outer)
- 21 hole Front | 24 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design with Hook offers incredibly secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Unique, high-speed Ratchet Drive system Exclusive to Scribe. Check out our latest hub blog
- Super fast 54-tooth engagement with 6.6 degree drive rate
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Centre-lock disc standard (6-bolt adapter available)
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Sealed Stainless Steel Precision bearings with Scribe Race Grease (light, high speed)
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available.
- Available in all major standards - Front: QR, Bolt thru (12, 15 and 9mm); Rear: QR, Bolt thru (142x12, 135x12 and 135x12). At basket stage, just tell us which option you want and we'll fit for you
*Scribe Five4 hub: 54-tooth Ratchet drive hub Exclusive to Scribe. With 6.6º engagement, our hubs respond fast, and as there's only one moving part, the freehub system is incredibly durable and easily serviceable.
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Aero 42-Ds use the Sapim CX-Ray as it's considered to be the most aerodynamic spoke on the market. At 4.25g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheel set that allows you to get up to speed faster
- The unique drawing, and specifically pressed process produces fast, bladed Aero spoke (2.0mm - 0.9/2.2mm - 2.0mm)
- By using fatigue-resistant 18/8 stainless steel, CX-Ray spokes have exceptionally high durability properties and will stand the test of time.
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 21 hole front / 24 hole rear
- Read more about Sapim spokes - Sapim.de
- For nipples, we use Alloy Sapim double square head
- Front: disc side 1x, drive side Radial
- Rear: disc side 1x, drive side 2x
*we use the above lacing pattern as we can build strong wheels (due to the high spoke count - 21 front / 24 rear), and by lacing this way, we are able to add strength to the areas that need them most. For example, when you apply braking on disc brakes, wheel speed is slowed by applying force only on the disc side of the wheel. This is where support is needed.
- Tubeless valves
- Spare spokes x4
- Spare nipples x4
- 6-bolt adapter x2 (converts centrelock to 6-bolt)
- 10-speed spacer
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 105kgs. If a rider is in excess of 90kgs, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic. If you are pushing the boundaries of the weight limit, please contact to discuss options.