Aero Wide+ 42-D (1,471g)
Scribe Aero Wide+ 42 Carbon Disc Wheel set
Please note: we have now SOLD THROUGH this batch and we're expecting more June week 3. If you would get your hands on a set from the next batch; you can Pre-Order now, or Reserve your wheelset by clicking HERE (no deposit is required).
The Ultimate all-round performance disc wheel set - Climb fast... Glide at speed.. Corner with confidence.
Wheels for purpose
The Scribe Aero Wide+ 42s were designed to perform in every imaginable condition. These wheels will climb hard, cruise at speed, and allow you to get up to speed fast when the power goes on. The wider profile gives you the option to have increased Aero benefits by simply changing tyres! Check out our 'Naturally NACA' blog to know more.
Weighing only 1,471g, the Aero 42s are exceptionally lightweight and pound-for-pound, feature amongst the best wheels out there. Partnered with lightning fast Ratchet Drive hubs, these wheels respond FAST, offering unrivalled levels of performance.
The Wide 21mm internal profile gives you the option to fit wide tyres for increased stability when cornering, and increased speed due to improved rolling resistance - especially when ran as tubeless. With Centre lock disc as standard, you can ride with confidence knowing the stopping power is there when it's needed.
Tech Spec (summary)
|Depth||42mm Front / 42mm Rear|
|Material||Full, Unidirectional Carbon|
|Clincher - Tubeless Ready|
|Rim Width (external)||30mm|
|Rim Width (internal)||21mm|
|Spoke Pattern / Hole Count||Front 2:1 / 21H, Rear 2:1 / 24H|
- Disc specific design.
- High filament (12K/18K) Japanese Toray T700 / T800 carbon fibre. Unidirectional for strength with additional reinforcement at spoke holes. (spoke tested to 280 kgf [single spoke load])
- Scribe Carbon T:Tech used to strengthen rim walls, and rim bed - offering incredible long-term strength, even under high pressure
- Optimised TG (Glass Transition) resin used to produce a super lightweight, responsive, low void carbon for increased performance
- Wide 21mm internal (30mm outer)
- 21 hole Front | 24 hole Rear
- Tubeless ready design gives you the option to have increased puncture resistance, faster-rolling wheels and improved weight (works with standard tube also)
- 4-D precision drilled spoke holes - directs spokes exactly to hub anchor point
- Ramped rim bed for easy tyre fitment
- Bead lock design with Hook offers incredibly secure tyre binding, even at lower pressures
- Patented Ratchet Drive hub system Exclusive to Scribe
- Single Ratchet disc, and leaf spring offers incredible durability as there's only one moving part
- Heat treated stainless steel drive ring
- Centre-lock disc standard (6-bolt adapter available)
- Fully CNC'd rounded design with 4-D precision drilled spoke holes
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed freehub body fitted - Campagnolo and XDR also available.
- Available in all major standards - Front: QR, Bolt thru (12, 15 and 9mm); Rear: QR, Bolt thru (142x12, 135x12 and 135x12). At basket stage, just tell us which option you want and we'll fit for you
You choose! Bearings are an essential component of wheels and it's important your bearings perform as you want them to. All of our wheels come with a fast Endurance bearing as standard but we also offer a Race bearing for those racing, or riding in drier weather. If you would prefer Race bearings, please tell us in the notes section when purchasing and your wheels will arrive with this standard. *there is no additional charge for bearing swop
- Endurance bearings: these bearings are fast, and designed to stand the test of time so you can ride as much as you want, with confidence your bearings will keep spinning smoothly
- Race bearings: incredibly fast, sealed, non-contact bearings. Spin up effortlessly and allow you to glide at speed. *not recommended for long periods of wet riding
Spokes and Nipples
- The Scribe Aero 42-Ds use the Sapim CX-Ray as it's considered to be the most aerodynamic spoke on the market. At 4.25g each, and almost as light as Titanium, we can build you a super-lightweight wheel set that allows you to get up to speed faster
- The unique drawing, and specifically pressed process produces fast, bladed Aero spoke (2.0mm - 0.9/2.2mm - 2.0mm)
- By using fatigue-resistant 18/8 stainless steel, CX-Ray spokes have exceptionally high durability properties and will stand the test of time.
- Straight-pull for increased torsional strength
- 21 hole front / 24 hole rear
- Read more about Sapim spokes - Sapim.de
- For nipples, we use Alloy Sapim double square head
- Front: disc side 1x, drive side Radial
- Rear: disc side 1x, drive side 2x
*we use the above lacing pattern as we can build strong wheels (due to the high spoke count - 21 front / 24 rear), and by lacing this way, we are able to add strength to the areas that need them most. For example, when you apply braking on disc brakes, wheel speed is slowed by applying force only on the disc side of the wheel. This is where support is needed.
- Tubeless tape: pre-installed
- Tubeless valves
- Spare spokes
- Spare nipples
- 6-bolt adapter (converts centrelock to 6-bolt)
- Lockring for 15mm axles
- Slim-fit lockring for tight clearing forks
- 10-speed spacer
Add Some Rubber
Did you know we fit tyres free of charge! All you have to do is go to our Tyre section, add your tyre of choice to basket, and we'll set up as tubeless ready (fit tyres with tubeless fluid added)
Weight limit: The upper combined weight limit (bike weight + rider weight + luggage) for these wheels is 105kgs. If a rider is in excess of 90kgs, we recommend regular wheel checks from an experienced bike mechanic. If you are pushing the boundaries of the weight limit, please contact to discuss options.